MBK Sacramento Steering Committee
The MBK Sacramento Steering Committee leads policy and systems-level change across multiple sectors impacting young men of color. The Steering Committee determines the direction for MBK Sacramento Collaborative efforts, including analysis of existing efforts and best practice models, mapping out a plan for timely and impactful implementation, and designing supports to build capacity for change across the city.
The Steering Committee is comprised of a diverse team of leaders representing various county and city offices, special districts, school district and post-secondary education leaders, justice-related entities, leaders from the employment sector and other key organizations aligned to the MBK Sacramento Collaborative’s strategic objectives.
- Help to establish the Collaborative’s common agenda and policy agenda
- Participate in monthly Steering Committee meetings, quarterly MBK Sacramento Collaborative meetings and all events
- Align the actions of their own agencies to the Collaborative’s goals, indicators and strategies
- Promote the effective use of data for continuous improvement
Active, regular participation:
- Review materials and complete assignments prior to meetings, prepared for engaged discussion, active listening and respectful dialogue
- Commit to a 12-month membership