Asthma Mitigation Project Resources
The following resources are provided for our project partners and other stakeholders.
This list is not comprehensive.
Asthma health equity
Asthma home visiting program information
- American Journal of Preventive Medicine: Better
Home Visits for Asthma Lessons Learned from the Seattle–King County Asthma Program by James Krieger et al
- Community Preventive Services Task Force review of “Asthma: Home-Based Multi-Trigger, Multicomponent Environmental Interventions”
- National Center for Healthy Housing: Building Systems to Sustain Home-Based Asthma Services program
- Association of Asthma Educators (AAE), a national organization developed to strengthen the asthma educator workforce, offers a variety of trainings and resources. Classes include preparatory sessions for those reading for the Certified Asthma Educator exam, as well as more introductory trainings for community health workers.
- California Breathing, a program of the California Department of Public Health, runs the Asthma Management Academy, which is a curriculum that meets the unique needs of non-licensed members of the asthma care team. These include community health workers, promotoras de salud, health or patient advocates, and others with trusted relationships who visit the homes of those in underserved areas.
Managed care organization information
- Regional Asthma Management and Prevention published Leading the Way to Better Breathing: Managed Care Organizations and Asthma Home Visiting Services in California – a Tool for MCOs and Partners. The tool highlights the MCO-relevant benefits and opportunities for asthma home visiting services, and may be a good resource for MCOs unfamiliar with the asthma home visiting model.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has a how-to guide
specifically for MCOs. Implementing an Asthma Home Visit Program: 10 Steps to Help Health Plans Get Started, provides helpful, nuts and bolts-level details for this work.