MBK Sacramento Coordinating Committee
The MBK Sacramento Coordinating Committee leads policy and systems-level change across multiple sectors impacting young men of color. The Coordinating Committee determines the direction for MBK Sacramento Collaborative efforts, including, but not limited to, analysis of existing efforts and best practice models, mapping out a plan for timely and impactful implementation, and designing supports to build capacity for change across the city.
The Coordinating Committee is comprised of a diverse team of leaders representing various county and city offices, special districts, school district and post-secondary education leaders, justice-related entities, leaders from the employment sector and other key organizations aligned to the MBK Sacramento
Collaborative’s strategic objectives.
- Refine the MBK Sacramento Collaborative’s mission, vision and key strategies
- Review data and provide critical analysis to better inform the work moving forward
- Establish systems of support for implementation of key strategies
- Identify potential partnerships
- Monitor efforts and provide direct support to the MBK Sacramento Collaborative Strategy Teams
- Participate in monthly Coordinating Committee meetings, quarterly MBK Sacramento Collaborative meetings and all events